Lack of access to affordable child care and early learning affects everyone…including our communities and our businesses. As an employer, supporting your employees with young children and the early childhood infrastructure within LaGrange and Noble Counties will benefit you, as well!
Here are some ways you can help, courtesy of Child Care Resource and Referral Network.
These ideas are free:
- Allow employees the opportunity to have flexible schedules as they transition back to work after the birth of a child
- Provide information to employees about Vroom, a free app that helps parents promote early brain development in children ages 0-5
- Incorporate family-friendly activities into employees events
- Offer a dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA) for employees and provide an employer contribution (Learn More)
- Offer a benefit stipend to offset the cost of child care and early learning programs for your employees
- Open an on-site licensed child care center for the children of employees
- Work with a local provider to hold seats in their center for the children of your employees
Implementing these policies helps to recruit and retain employees during a time of low unemployment and high competition among businesses to fill vacant positions.